I thought I’d collect together some extra material to add to the Q&A session on Marketing that I led at Glossop Business Network.
If you attended, I really hope you found the session useful. If you picked up just one idea that you can use in your business, I’ll be happy.
Here’s a quick reminder of some of the topics we discussed:
- What MARKETING is – It’s not just about promotion, it’s about developing your message, defining what you offer, building your value proposition. More here and here.…
- How to refine your marketing MESSAGE – The best people to help you hone your marketing message are your customers. Get their feedback, use their words when telling your story. More…
- Setting your marketing BUDGET – You will have a marketing budget. You may not know what it is, but you will have one. What should it be? More…
- The vital role of MEASUREMENT – You can only make rational decisions about what marketing activities to engage in if you have some measures of what is effective and can be refined.
- Your best resource is TESTIMONIALS – Give them. Ask for them. Compile a library of them for yourself. Use them in your marketing.
For more information and ideas, consider subscribing to get emailed blog updates.
How you can help me
Now that you know what I do, you might be able to help me work with the owners or senior managers of businesses, either as a consultant or non-executive director, to develop their marketing and business strategy. If you think you can make a good connection for me, here’s an easy way to do it.
Please let me know if I can be of any further help.