I’m Matthew Goldsbrough. People who’ve hired me as a marketing consultant or business planning advisor have called me a marketing guru, critical friend, mentor, inspirer, coach, and many other nice things.
Clients choose to work with me because I’m really good at turning complex problems into simple actionable plans, and then guiding people to succeed.
The consultancy work you did with us had the most lasting impact of all such input we have had over the years.
– Steve Bottrill
Depending on what needs to be done, a project with you could be short, delivering results to you within a few weeks. You could…
- Engage me to review your marketing, when I’ll help you to understand what’s working and what’s not. I’ll make recommendations for how your marketing can be stronger and more efficient.
- Let me craft your value proposition with you. A strong, carefully thought-through value proposition is vital. It’s the bedrock on which you’ll build your business and marketing strategy.
- Ask me to build your business plan with you. I believe a good business plan is an essential foundation for building a great business.
- Use me to coach your in-house marketing team, growing its skills and helping you recruit the appropriate people.
- Get my help to create effective alliances with other companies. Your business will be so much stronger when it works effectively alongside people and companies with complementary skills.
How I would work with you as your advisor
It’s usually possible to define what will be involved, so I’ll be able to give you a fixed price for the project. Otherwise it’ll be charged at a day rate. A single day of my time costs £1250; the rate reduces in line with the quantity of work increasing.
I’m frequently asked to stay involved after the conclusion of an initial project, to provide ongoing coaching and support.
If you are looking for someone who will give you a new perspective on your business and whose recommendations will always be thoughtful and practical; whose approach is thorough and professional, who will make a real difference to your bottom line, then I recommend that you speak to Matthew Goldsbrough.
– Ian Guiver
Quite a lot of my work is done at a distance, using Webex, FaceTime, Skype, and other communication tools. So it really doesn’t matter too much where you’re based.
Since 2003, I’ve been engaged by the owners and senior executives of a wide range of businesses, from family firms to large corporates, in the UK, Europe and the USA. The sectors I’ve worked in include finance, security, manufacturing, legal, software, education, franchising, creative, consulting, and digital media.
We’ve made more money in the past three years, since working with you, than we did in the previous fifteen.
– David Hammond
Before that, I spent twenty five years in the software industry. I was a senior executive for software companies in Europe and the USA. With Hyperion, I was vice president of marketing for EMEA, and, while living in the USA, directed the corporate product strategy for the company’s core products. With Informatica, I managed all marketing throughout Europe, with a multi-discipline and multi-national team.